10 most-requested funeral songs 2020
Funerals are emotional occasions and finding the right song is often vital to capturing the mood.
Loughborough Crematorium helped thousands of people say goodbye to the people they lost over the course of 2019.
And the crematorium has now released a list of its top 10 most requested funeral songs of the year.
At number one on the list is ‘We’ll Meet Again’ – recorded by Vera Lynn in 1939 and was requested 51 times.
It was one of the most famous songs during the course of the Second World War.
Coming in at number two is another classic: Frank Sinatra’s ‘My Way’ was requested 46 times
Third-placed was ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ by Bette Midler which was asked for on 31 occasions.
Other songs making up the top 10 were each requested at least 20 times, a crematorium spokesman said.
The top ten
1. We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
2. My Way – Frank Sinatra
3. Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
4. Time To Say Goodbye – Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
5. Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
6. Angels – Robbie Williams
7. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
8. Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Eva Cassidy
9. You’l l Never Walk Alone – Gerry & The Pacemakers
10 Smile – Nat King Cole